Transformation of biomaterials
STATICE can transform 3 different groups of polymers:
- Thermo-plastic technology
- Bioresorbable materials
Beyond the range of polymers, Statice also uses a wide range of other materials commonly used in the manufacture of medical utensils:
- Metallic structure with stainless steel, titanium, nitinol, platinum group metals, cobalt chrome
- Hard materials, ceramics, corundum.
Short and long-term implantable silicone
STATICE uses silicone in different forms:
- HCR High Consistency Rubber, LSR Liquid Silicone Rubber
- Low consistency silicone
Silicone is transformed and shaped in a variety of ways using different procedures, namely:
- Compression moulding
- Injection moulding
Other processes can be incorporated to change the visual aspect, colour, mechanical or physical characteristics:
- Colorants, TiO2, carbon, master-batch colouring
- Ink surface marking
- Inserts for strengthening (surface or interior) such as textiles (DACRON) or polypropylene
- Overmoulding of the components (springs, nitinol wire, electric conductors)
- Adjuvants to ensure the radio-opacity (Tantalium, gold, bryum sulphate
- Active agents (analgesics).
|The groups of sheetings|
|Usage||Hardness||Thickness (mm)||Taille (mm)||Properties|
Short or long term implantation
0.12, 0.25, 0.5, 1, 1.5, 2, 3, 4
160 x 190
All could be charged TiO2 or not and/or reinforced
All other formats are possible and made to measure, please ask for further information here:
STATICE is able to transform the following materials:
- Charged bioresorbables (bio-glass, hydroxyapatite, active agents).
In order to transform the materials, STATICE has:
- A horizontal injection press
- A unique process particularly adapted to low inherent viscosity.
Amongst all of the available thermo-plastics, STATICE uses moulding most often, machining, extrusion, and thermo-shaping.
- Polyethylene (PE), Polypropylene (PP)
- Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS)
- Polycarbonate (PC)
- PolyetherImide (PEI),
- Polyetheretherketone (PEEK)
In order to transform the aforementioned materials, STATICE has an ®ARBURG vertical injection press.